A Curated Exhibit
REGISTER ONLINE by: Wednesday, May 16 at 11:59pm
EXHIBIT DATES: Wednesday, May 23 to Friday, June 22
ARTWORK DROPOFF: Friday, May 18 from 1-5pm & Saturday, May 19 from 10am-1pm. If you are not able to make drop-off these dates because of the Seafood Festival traffic, please drop off your artwork on Monday, May 21 from 1-5pm.
ARTWORK PICKUP: Friday, June 22 from 1-5pm & Saturday, June 23 from 10am-1pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, May 26 from 5-7pm
Curated by: Hillary Binder-Klein
Contact curator at: email@example.com
Summer is a special season for those who live by and visit the New Jersey shore. We experience the beauty of our beaches and waterways as well as the plants and animals in our gardens, our parks, and our own backyards. Summer can evoke memories, sounds, images, and feelings from summertimes long ago or can suggest the colors, lighting, and activities anticipated for the upcoming season. This all-media exhibit will showcase what summer means to you, the artist.
Conditions and Instructions:
- Open to all artists, no age limit, all media.
- All works entered must be original creations by the artist and not previously exhibited at the Belmar Arts.
- A maximum of 3 works may be submitted by each artist.
- This is a CURATED exhibit. All the submitted works will be installed if they meet the guidelines outlined here. We do not send acceptance notices for exhibit that are CURATED so please drop off your work on the dates indicated above.
- To enter, fill out the entry form on this page and submit a clear image of each entry that is a jpeg, png, or tiff. To resize your image, open it in an image processing program and change the dimensions to no larger than 1200 pixels on the largest side. Change the resolution to 72dpi. Make sure the resulting file size is less than 1Mb.
- Rename your image file BEFORE you upload it to the entry form using this format: yourlastname-title
- $20 member/$25 nonmember for 1 entry
- $30 member/$35nonmember for 2 entries
- $40 member/$45 nonmember for 3 entries
Membership may be purchased or renewed at checkout. All show entry fees are non-refundable and payment must be received before your entry is processed.
- Work must be hand-delivered to the Belmar Arts Center at 608 River Rd, Belmar, NJ 07719. Belmar Arts is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
- Two-dimensional works must be wired for hanging: no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string, or tape are permitted.
- A 25 lb. maximum weight for work intended to be hung on the walls including hardware and/or armature.
- Three-dimensional work can be freestanding or displayed on a pedestal. Artist does not need to provide a pedestal unless a special size is needed.
- All three dimensional works are limited to a weight of 60 pounds or less.
Sales and Commission:
Selling your work is optional and subject to commission and terms posted below. If not for sale, please enter NFS on entry form.
Art sold is subject to a 30% commission fee for members and 40% for non-members. If not for sale, use NFS on entry form. Sales tax will be added to the price of work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by Belmar Arts. All artists with sales commissions of $600 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax ID# to Belmar Arts. A 1099-MISC for taxable income will be issued by Belmar Arts for sales commissions of $600 or higher. Commissions are paid at the close of the show and buyers will pick up purchased work after the show is completed. Please elect one artist per entry to receive the commission if work is sold.
Belmar Arts will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. Belmar Arts and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
Belmar Arts reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of promotion of this exhibit on social media, website, and advertising.
Late Pick-up Penalty:
A $1/day fee will be charged per piece left after the time of pickup. If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for someone else to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the Belmar Arts and will be sold to benefit Belmar Arts.
Questions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org