Show dates: Wednesday, January 17 – Friday, February 16
Salon Reception: Saturday, January 20 from 5-7pm
REGISTER ONLINE by: Wednesday, January 10 at 11:59pm
Artwork drop off: Friday, January 11 from 1-5pm and
Saturday, January 12 from 10am-1pm
Artwork pickup: Friday, February 16 from 1-5pm &
Saturday, February 17 from 10am-1pm
Curated by: Denise Van Dyke
Its time for our Annual Members Salon! This popular show features a Salon style reception where attendees can hear directly from the exhibiting artists about their processes and inspirations for their art! The theme this year is: BLUE! According to the dictionary the word blue has many meanings. From being one of the primary colors to describing an emotional state of mind. It is the color of the clear sky, the sea, and a kind of music of woe and yearning. As a few examples, the work may incorporate the color blue, how blue affects you as an artist, or work inspired by blues music. We are surrounded by blue at the Jersey Shore!
All media is welcome and this is not a juried show so all work is installed as long as it is thematically appropriate and meets the criteria listed below.
Conditions and Artist Instructions:
-Open to all artists age 12 and over that are current members of BAC. Membership may be purchased or renewed at checkout.
-All works entered must be original creations by the artist and not previously exhibited at BelmarArts.
-A maximum of three pieces may be submitted from each member but only one piece will be discussed at the Salon reception.
-BelmarArts reserves the right to decline work that does not meet the criteria outlined.
-you must submit a quality image of your artwork to verify that the theme is being met – do not include the frame, glass, mat or other objects in your image. You must relabel your image file as your last name_your first name_title_media (ex. Smith_Mary_Sunshine_Oil) BEFORE you upload it to the form!
-this show is not juried (judged)- all work will be installed if it is thematically appropriate & meets the guidelines outlined here. Unless notified otherwise – please prepare your work for drop off as we do not send acceptance notices for shows that are not juried.
-All show entry fees are non-refundable and payment must be received before your entry is processed.
-Selling your work is optional and subject to commission & terms posted below. If not for sale -please enter NFS on entry form.
-all exhibiting artists are requested to attend the Salon reception and speak briefly about one of their pieces
$20 member for 1 entry – $30 member for 2 entries – $40 member for 3 entries
Membership may be purchased or renewed at checkout. We will notify you if your membership needs to be renewed.
- All artwork must meet the theme, be a quality presentation that is ready to install and must include all display hardware, pedestals, or armature with clear installation instructions.
- Two-dimensional work will hang against walls. Hanging hardware must be supplied by artist. No screws or bolts for hanging are allowed. Art work MUST be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string or tape are permitted. All unframed canvases MUST have finished edges (painted or wrapped).
- Maximum size of two-dimensional work is 48” in any direction.
- A 25 lb. maximum weight for work intended to be hung on the walls including hardware and/or armature.
- Three-dimensional work will be freestanding or displayed on pedestals. Artist must supply pedestals, mannequins or armatures.
- All three dimensional work is limited to a weight of 60 pounds or less.
- Work that is not appropriately wired for hanging or is outside the size limit will not be installed.
- Work must be hand-delivered to the Belmar Arts. Belmar Arts is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
Questions? please email email@example.com
Art sold is subject to a 30% commission fee for members and 40% for non members. If not for sale, use NFS on entry form. Sales tax will be added to the price of work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by BelmarArts. All artists with sales commissions of $600 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax ID# to BelmarArts. A 1099-MISC for taxable income will be issued by BelmarArts for sales commissions of $600 or higher. Commissions are paid at the close of the show and buyers will pickup purchased work after the show is completed. Please elect ONE artist per entry to receive the commission if work is sold.
BelmarArts will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. BelmarArts and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
BelmarArts reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of promotion of this exhibit on social media, website & advertising.
Late Pick-up Penalty:
All work must be picked up Saturday, February 17 by 1pm. A $1/day fee will be charged per piece left after the time of pickup. If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for a friend to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the BelmarArts and will be sold to benefit BelmarArts.