Artists Reception: Saturday, February 24 from 5-7pm
Artwork pickup: Friday, March 23 from 1-5pm & Saturday, March 24 from 10am-1pm
curated by Louise Krasniewicz
“The Book Art Show” will explore the relationships between the written word, books as physical objects, and the visual arts. The works for this exhibit could take many forms including paintings, drawings, sculptures, or photographs inspired by a book; works representing scenes from a book; altered and enhanced books; artist’s handmade books; handmade pop-up books; book cover designs; book sculptures; book collages; carved and folded books; comic books; black-out poetry; miniature books; and text-based art.
Conditions and Artist Instructions:
-Open to all artists age 12 and over .
-All works entered must be original creations by the artist and not previously exhibited at BelmarArts.
-A maximum of three pieces may be submitted from each artist.
-BelmarArts reserves the right to decline work that does not meet the criteria outlined.
-you must submit a quality image of your artwork to verify that the theme is being met – do not include the frame, glass, mat or other objects in your image. You must relabel your image file as your last name_your first name_title_media (ex. Smith_Mary_Sunshine_Oil) BEFORE you upload it to the form!
–this show is not juried (judged)- all work will be installed if it is thematically appropriate & meets the guidelines outlined here. Unless notified otherwise – please prepare your work for drop off as we do not send acceptance notices for shows that are not juried.
-All show entry fees are non-refundable and payment must be received before your entry is processed.
-Selling your work is optional and subject to commission & terms posted below. If not for sale -please enter NFS on entry form.
$20 member*/$25 nonmember for 1 entry – $30 member*/$35nonmember for 2 entries – $40 member*/$45 nonmember for 3 entries Membership may be purchased or renewed at intake.
- All artwork must meet the theme, be quality in presentation and ready to install and must include all display hardware, pedestals, or armature with clear installation instructions.
- Two-dimensional work will hang against walls. Hanging hardware must be supplied by artist. No screws or bolts for hanging are allowed. Art work MUST be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string or tape are permitted. All unframed canvases MUST have finished edges (painted or wrapped).
- Maximum size of two-dimensional work is 48” in any direction.
- A 25 lb. maximum weight for work intended to be hung on the walls including hardware and/or armature.
- Three-dimensional work will be freestanding or displayed on pedestals. Artist must supply pedestals, mannequins or armatures.
- All three dimensional work is limited to a weight of 60 pounds or less.
- Work that is not appropriately wired for hanging or is outside the size limit will not be installed.
- Work must be hand-delivered to the Belmar Arts. Belmar Arts is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
Questions? please email email@example.com
Art sold is subject to a 30% commission fee for members and 40% for non members. If not for sale, use NFS on entry form. Sales tax will be added to the price of work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by BelmarArts. All artists with sales commissions of $600 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax ID# to BelmarArts. A 1099-MISC for taxable income will be issued by BelmarArts for sales commissions of $600 or higher. Commissions are paid at the close of the show and buyers will pickup purchased work after the show is completed. Please elect ONE artist per entry to receive the commission if work is sold.
BelmarArts will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. BelmarArts and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
BelmarArts reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of promotion of this exhibit on social media, website & advertising.
Late Pick-up Penalty:
All work must be picked up Saturday, March 24 by 1pm. A $1/day fee will be charged per piece left after the time of pickup. If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for a friend to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the BelmarArts and will be sold to benefit BelmarArts.