Posted on December 6, 2017
Position: Office Administrator
Salary: $14.00 per hour for 16 hours per week. Hours: Tuesday – Friday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
There may be occasions that the Office Administrator will need to cover the gallery hours of Wednesday through Saturday 1:00 – 5:00pm and events as needed.
Reporting: to BAC Vice Chair
The Office Administrator will be responsible for managing the office of a small non-profit arts organization. The job includes greeting guests to the gallery, maintaining the records of the organization and its membership, bookkeeping for the organization, and handling the organization’s communications such as the newsletter and website.
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties including the use of the software program, Quickbooks.
- Manage the organization’s files including corporate records.
- Develop and maintain the membership files.
- Prepare the Council’s weekly email newsletter and maintain the Council’s website.
- Serve as the receptionist for the Council’s gallery, greeting guests.
- Needs to cover gallery hours and events as needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties, maintaining the appearance of the gallery space.
- Oversee part time Gallery Assistant.
- Some light retail duties.
- Perform other jobs or duties working with Trustees and members as may be assigned by the Vice Chair.
- Familiar with the use of computers and basic software programs, and the ability to learn specific software used by the organization including Quickbooks. Basic bookkeeping training. Experience in office management and organization. Ability to interact with the public, representing the BAC in a positive light.
- A high school diploma is required; post high school education preferred.
Send resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. Mail to Belmar Arts Council, 608 River Road, Belmar, NJ 07719. Applications will be accepted until December 22, 2017.