AFFORDABLE ART EXHIBIT DESCRIPTION:
Artists are invited to enter art works in this holiday exhibit which will focus on presenting art that is both affordable and appealing to general audiences. The works in this exhibit will be small (smaller than 11×14 inches) and priced less than $100. Any artistic medium is acceptable and works can be framed or unframed. Pedestals will be available for small 3-dimensional works. Each artist can present up to 5 works that fit these criteria, with one entry fee covering all 5 works. All works must be for sale and Belmar Arts will retain a 25% sales commission fee for members and 40% for non-members. Membership can be added at checkout. If a work is sold during the exhibit, it may be replaced with a similar work at no extra charge.
ENTRY FEES for 1-5 works: $25 member/$40 nonmember
REGISTER ONLINE by: Wednesday, November 21 by 11:59pm
EXHIBIT DATES: Wednesday, November 28-Friday December 28
ARTWORK DROP OFF: Friday, November 23 from 1-5pm & Saturday,November 24 from 10am-1pm
ARTWORK PICKUP: Friday, January 4 from 1-5pm & Saturday, January 5 from 10am-1pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, December 1 from 5-7pm
Please read these Conditions and Instructions:
- Open to all artists, 16 and older, all media.
- Works must be smaller than 11×14 inches.
- All works must be for sale with a sales price of less than $100.
- If a work is sold during the exhibit, it may be replaced with a similar work for no extra fee.
- All works entered must be original creations by the artist.
- 1-5 works may be submitted by each artist with one entry fee covering all the works submitted.
- All the submitted works will be installed if they meet the guidelines outlined here. We do not send acceptance notices so please drop off your work on the dates indicated above.
- To enter, fill out the entry form on this page and submit a clear image for each entry. The image can be a jpeg, png, or tiff. To resize your image, open it in an image processing program and change the dimensions to between 800–1200 pixels on the largest side. Do NOT submit thumbnails (less than 800×800 pixels). Change the resolution to 72dpi. Make sure the resulting file size is less than 1Mb. (if you do not understand image types or image resizing, read this set of instructions: Image Help).
- NAME YOUR IMAGE THIS WAY (PLEASE): Name your image file BEFORE you upload it to the entry form using this format: yourlastname#1-5 (yourlastname#1, yourlastname#2, etc). Do not add any other information to your image name. Do not add dashes, underscores, or any other symbols. Don’t add titles, sizes, or anything else. Follow these instruction and not the instructions for other show entries. PLEASE.
- $25 member/$40 nonmember for 1-5 works
- Membership may be purchased or renewed at checkout. All show entry fees are non-refundable and payment must be received before your entry is processed.
- Your work must be hand-delivered to the Belmar Arts Center at 608 River Rd, Belmar, NJ 07719. Belmar Arts is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
- Your two-dimensional works must be wired for hanging: no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string, or tape are permitted
- A 25 lb. maximum weight for work intended to be hung on the walls including hardware and/or armature.
- Three-dimensional work can be freestanding or displayed on a pedestal. You do not need to provide a pedestal unless a special size is needed.
Sales and Commission:
Art sold is subject to a 25% commission fee for members and 40% for non-members. Sales tax will be added to the price of work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by Belmar Arts. All artists with sales commissions of $600 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax ID# to Belmar Arts. A 1099-MISC for taxable income will be issued by Belmar Arts for sales commissions of $600 or higher. Commissions are paid at the close of the show.
Belmar Arts will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. Belmar Arts and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
Belmar Arts reserves the right to use digital images of exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of promotion of this exhibit and Belmar Arts on social media, websites, and advertising.
Late Pick-up Penalty:
If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for someone else to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the Belmar Arts and will be sold to benefit Belmar Arts.