The Goddess Show
A Curated Exhibit
The Goddess Show EXHIBIT DESCRIPTION:
From prehistory to the present day, the image of the goddess has been a significant aspect of cultures across the globe. Brought to life through art, music, poetry, and literature, the concept of the goddess permeates both Western and non-Western worlds. She is the subject of the oldest human art from 30,000 years ago and amazingly still inspires both religious and secular traditions.
This exhibit invites you to share your artistic interpretation of the divine feminine. Whether it is the goddess within or the ones we see in the world around us, we will honor her as a creator, as a symbol of nature and creativity, and as a model of peaceful coexistence. This exhibit is not limited to female artists but rather honors the feminine in our mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends. All forms of art are welcome.
REGISTER ONLINE by: Wednesday, February 27 at 11:59pm
EXHIBIT DATES: Wednesday, March 6 to Friday, April 5
ARTWORK DROP OFF: Friday, March 1 from 1-5pm & Saturday, March 2 from 10am-1pm
ARTWORK PICKUP: Friday, April 5 from 1-5pm & Saturday, April 6 from 10am-1pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, March 9 from 5-7pm
C0-curated by: Sheila Kramer and Linda Baran
Contact co-curators at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PINTEREST idea page: See lots of ideas here
Conditions and Instructions:
- Open to all artists, 16 and older, all media.
- All works entered must be original creations by the artist and not previously exhibited at the Belmar Arts.
- A maximum of 2 works may be submitted by each artist.
- This is a CURATED exhibit. All the submitted works will be installed if they meet the guidelines outlined here. We do not send acceptance notices for exhibit that are CURATED so please drop off your work on the dates indicated above.
- To enter, fill out the entry form on this page and submit a clear image for each entry. The image should be a jpeg. To resize your image, open it in an image processing program and change the dimensions to no larger than 1200 pixels on the largest side. Change the resolution to 72dpi. Make sure the resulting file size is less than 1Mb. (if you do not understand image types or image resizing, read this set of instructions: Image Help).
- Rename your image file BEFORE you upload it to the entry form using this format: yourlastname-title. Do not add any other information to your image name.
- $20 member/$25 nonmember for 1 entry
- $30 member/$35nonmember for 2 entries
Membership may be purchased or renewed at checkout. All show entry fees are non-refundable and payment must be received before your entry is processed.
- Your work must be hand-delivered to the Belmar Arts Center at 608 River Rd, Belmar, NJ 07719. Belmar Arts is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
- Your two-dimensional works must be wired securely for hanging: no saw tooth hangers, cleats, string, or tape are permitted. Wires should be attached to hooks on the frame, not the back board of your work.
- A 25 lb. maximum weight for work intended to be hung on the walls including hardware and/or armature.
- Three-dimensional work can be freestanding or displayed on a pedestal. You do not need to provide a pedestal unless a special size is needed.
- All three dimensional works are limited to a weight of 60 pounds or less.
Sales and Commission:
Selling your work is optional and subject to commission and terms posted below. If not for sale, please enter NFS on entry form.
Art sold is subject to a 30% commission fee for members and 40% for non-members. If not for sale, use NFS on entry form. Sales tax will be added to the price of work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by Belmar Arts. All artists with sales commissions of $600 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax ID# to Belmar Arts. A 1099-MISC for taxable income will be issued by Belmar Arts for sales commissions of $600 or higher. Commissions are paid at the close of the show and buyers will pick up purchased work after the show is completed. Please elect one artist per entry to receive the commission if work is sold.
Belmar Arts will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. Belmar Arts and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
Belmar Arts reserves the right to use digital images of exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of promotion of this exhibit and Belmar Arts on social media, websites, and advertising.
Late Pick-up Penalty:
If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for someone else to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the Belmar Arts and will be sold to benefit Belmar Arts.
Questions: Please email email@example.com